Monday, May 9, 2011

Indoor Surfing.. and an Injury






On Friday, John and I decided to use his gift certificate to the Flowrider. I had given him the gift certificate for his birthday 2 YEARS ago.. and had been bugging him to use it.. so we decided to just go by ourselves. Don't worry, I watched from the sidelines. John got to try it out about twice before dislocating his shoulder which landed us in the emergency room. His other shoulder has dislocated, but has always gone back in on it's own.. this time was the other shoulder and it didn't exactly go in on it's own. It needed the help of some pain meds and a doc. 4 hours later, we were on our way out the door, with a normal looking shoulder. John was brave. Needless to say, our next trip to the flowrider will probably include lying down and boogie boards  instead.

5 comments:

Carol Jenson said...

Looks gruesome. Hope you are healing quickly.
Love, Dad and Mom

Trevor said...

What a beautiful day turned bummer with the shoulder. :( Glad you got it back in place.

Unknown said...

oh man...looks painful. what a bummer!

Chorak said...

Reminds me of my freshman year at BYU. Sorry I am commenting so late, but I just discovered this blog.

Chorak said...

Tried leaving my email address but it wouldn't let me if you ever want to shoot me an email.

achorak.dds at gmail