Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 11: Canoe Trip ... and one last afternoon at Nana's lake!


On our last day in Maine, we went on a canoe trip down the Saco river. It was pretty fun. The river is sandy on the bottom, so it's nice for swimming, etc. After the canoe trip, we went to spend one last afternoon at my Nana's on the lake. We went on the rope swing, wake boarding, flew John's new kite off the back of the boat, and rode the paddle boat. A few funny stories: John flew his kite off the back of the motor boat.. when he reached the end of the string, he couldn't hold on anymore so he let go. The kite dropped down into the water, and John dove in after it! It was hilarious- I'm hoping this means John would save me or our future children if WE fell off a boat- haha.. and the last picture is my mom and John having a lazy time out on the lake, chatting. I found them this way after returning from a haircut appointment. I thought it was so cute! Ahh.. it was a wonderful trip to Maine- probably the best yet.. and we were sad to leave... and.. you're probably glad I'm finally DONE posting about Maine! Yay!

1 comment:

Maren said...

I really want to go there. Looks like a dream!