Saturday, October 10, 2009

Laundry Room Flood







I made a big boo-boo. About a week ago, I pulled the washer and dryer out and cleaned behind them (you know, since I'm such an awesome cleaner and such). Anyway, the laundry room had been smelling funky, but cleaning behind them seemed to fix the problem. Yesterday, I went to do a load of laundry for the first time since cleaning behind them. Well, apparently, when I was cleaning, the draining hose from the washer had come loose. John was in the kitchen when he suddenly yelled, "Mary!!!! OH SHOOOOOOOOT!" Water was spilling out the laundry room door, all over the carpet and everywhere. John ran for the wet vac (thank goodness we own a wet vac- thank you Ray and Laura!!) For the next hour or so, we sucked up water with the wet vac and then soaked the rest of it up with towels. It took quite some time and the carpet is still drying with fans!! .. oops-a-daisy!

4 comments:

Maren said...

Impressive that you own a wet vac. Now I know who to call in a flood.

Unknown said...

Hahahahahahaha! That sounds like me a few days ago, except the fact that it was a dishwasher and a lot of bubbles.

Anonymous said...

bahahahha!!!! ummm...someone's anniversary is right around the corner...whoop. i expect an i love my hubs blog...

Mary said...

don't worry- I'll deliver!