Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sunday Naps and Home Teachers...


Funny story- on Sunday, I took a long nap because I was exhausted after church. When I woke up 2 hours later, John told me our home teachers had come. I was totally confused because I didn't understand why John would let me sleep through the home teachers' visit. I figured John was joking or something... when in fact.. he wasn't. John has been in the single's wards for so long that when the home teachers called to make the appointment, he assumed they were only HIS home teachers. John figured it would be a perfect time for the home teachers to come over while I was asleep, since they only needed to visit with him. They even asked John if I was not feeling well.. He replied with "no.. she's just sleeping." I'm sure the home teachers were a bit confused, especially when John led them into our little spare bedroom for the home teaching session.. haha!!! They were probably thinking John was a little strange. John finally announced at the end of their visit that he had gotten a bit confused and explained to the home teachers that in the singles wards, the home teachers just came for him, since his roommates went to another ward. Since this was what John was used to, he had assumed they were only coming for him. They all had a good laugh.. and I slept peacefully the entire time in bed!

6 comments:

Seth Jenson said...

i love that story. what can you say, he's a jenson.

Mary said...

hah.. i just laughed so hard

Kaylene said...

Ha ha! That's so funny. That's my kind of home teaching...napping the entire time. Just kidding, I love home teachers! ;)

Brad and Rebecca said...

oh mary, this is HYSTERICAL!!!! I laughed so hard!

Trent and Candice said...

That is pretty funny.

Gail said...

...well next time you'll have to let him take the nap