Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Maine-ly Fun Trip

In front of an old fort (we came straight from the beach,
so hopefully that explains our outfits)
Beal's Ice Cream.. mmm mMMMM
Laura and Rachel in front of Portland Head Light
John and I




Boogie Boarding in the Ocean!!

The lady who helped us pick out our lobster...
weighing the lobster..
John got to touch a Maine light house.. hah.. this one makes me laugh



We lost John's shorts.. hahh.. okay.. not really.. My brother and sister.. Mike and Laura
I don't know why I'm running.. but John's about to crash into me




We made rachel into a muscular "Heman"..
Mike as a turtle.. I think this was our best one!





Digging the hole (these pics are obviously out of order.. but..I'm too lazy to move them all around)
Stuck with a shovel

John with seaweed hair
We turned him into a mermaid! He even started singing songs from teh Little Mermaid.. we were laughing so hard it hurt!

John and I ate at DiMillo's floating restaraunt.. aka.. a boat! We had seafood and new england clam chowdah
That's the floating restaraunt behind him.. and he's wearing his Maine sweatshirt, of course..
A Huge ship being pulled by a tugboat
The Beach!!! and yes, john finally admitted that Maine has real beaches..
Eating Italian sandwiches.. they are yummy!

Swimming at my Nana's lake
S'mores on the deck with the outdoor fireplace

The Boot.. at LL Bean
a wind up radio.. we allowed the shoppers to enjoy some tunes.. for about 2 seconds.. cuz you had to wind it forever!

Fishing on Grampy's lake.. and no, we didn't catch anything.. only
had a few nips.. and one ate half our worm! Kayaking on Nana's lake.. (Little Sebago)

Having pushing wars on the raft.. I think I lost
Three people and one kayak.. what to do what to do..


Fort Gorges is behind John's head.. We are on the ferry to Peaks Island..
More italian sandwiches
and whoopie pies for dessert.. Eating them made John say "whoopie"
Baked beans at Nana's house..

Riding the ferry to Peaks Island

We rented a tandem bike on Peaks Island and biked along the shoreline
The Peaks Island war battery
and then the rain hit..

The lobster faces it's death..
Still alive..
John took the rubber bands off their claws
and theyr'e cooked. adn red.. and john's trying to eat them shell and all


Ram Island Head Light from the sailboat
We went sailing with my Uncle..
another day at the beach..



wow these are out of order.. This is more on the sail boat

Portland head light from the sail boat

my Uncle Dennis, Mike, and me
Whew.. okay.. I realize I put way way too many pics on here.. but I just had the hardest time picking which ones to post.. so sorry about that. We had a blast in Maine.. we went fishing, kayaking, sailing, boogie boarding, to the beach, biking, ferry boating, ate lobster, ate italian sandwiches, shopping at LL Bean, and much more.. There was no wind when we went sailing, so it really ended up like a motor boat ride. It rained 3 days out of the five.. but we still had a ton of fun,... It was great to see my family and great to see Maine in the summertime..













7 comments:

The High Family- said...

I want to go back to Maine. Seriously Maine is so beautiful. I love all of the pictures. I still have pictures of you and I in front of LL Bean. Oh ya, and I totally remember your Nana...she so nice to me, escpecially after the unfortunate hurting my knee incident. Love the memories!!

Kaylene said...

Hey Mary, looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm still sad that I missed out on the Maine trip that one time. Maybe someday huh?

okbushmans said...

I am in Utah from Thursday till Tuesday night. We are having family get togethers Sunday and Monday. I'd love to see you!

Hansen Five said...

so i love the seaweed hair and people sand "sculptures." lots of fun!

natalie a said...

ok -sooooooo jealous (haven't been home since... well 1998!!!!) Yikes (can I even still call it home after that long? ) I wanted to be there with you for every pic!!! It's official, when I finally get to go back (in like 90 years) you get to plan the whole trip! It looked like you had so much fun!!!Chat later!

Gunnell Fam said...

Mary-it's your old roommie, karen bodily (gunnell)! I got connected through Kara who had becky's blog. good to see you're doing well. check out our blog: gkgunnell@blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

holy pictures! so much fun! seriously, giggled at a few and rolled my eyes A LOT- typical mary status. HILARIOUS!