Friday, June 27, 2008

Mountain Biking=DEATH







I apologize upfront for the.. revealing of too much leg.. but i just HAD to prove to you that i took a large fall. John is into mountain biking, so i agreed (not having any idea what i was getting into) to try it out. We went one night and it was pretty hard, but not too bad. I did have thoughts running through my head.. such as "This sucks".. "what part of this is FUN" and "I can't breathe!"... but in the end, it wasn't all that bad.. On the way down, however, I ate it in a huge mud puddle.. which actually was pretty funny and left one bruise on my leg. In all honesty, i laughed my head off right after it happened.
After that trip, for some insane reason, I agreed to go again.. in hopes that the second trip would be a similar trail to the first. This was not so. The second trail made me wish death upon myself.. seriously.. this thing was STEEP!!! and.. NOT SHADED.. and definitely not like the first trail. I wanted to die the whole way up.. and it was about 97 degrees out. Needless to say.. i made it all the way up.. and on the way down.. ate it... hard! I'm telling you.. Bike off the edge of the trail, rocks in my hands and arms.. dirt in my mouth. I totally biffed it down the mountain. I came so close to crying, my eyes were watering.. until i told myself i was too old to cry and john would think i was crazy.. so.. now i have a total of about five bruises (pictured above). I told john i'm out of commission for a while. p.s. you'll note that for many pictures i am actually just walking the bike up the trail.. This occurred many a time while "biking" for me..

6 comments:

The Kyles said...

Hello! It has been forever, but I just found your blog from Becky and Emily and thought I'd drop you a line. I was just out in Maine and saw your parents and everyone else in the ward, it was fantastic. I miss Maine like crazy. Anyway, I had a similar experience my first time mountain biking. I was terrified. but it's getting better.. We went down to Moab, which I think is actually easier than moutain trails (coming from a very novice mountain biker, somehow it is less scary).

The Kyles said...

by the way this is Amy Damron from Windham, incase you have no idea who just commented on your blog!

Brad and Rebecca said...

DiFiore- where have you been all my life?! What am I? Chopped Suey? Come over! I cannot believe you went mountian biking....I totally stick to pavement while i'm on a bike....ahh, the things we do for love!

Unknown said...

You are so tough. I would say I'm proud, but let's be honest... I think you're nuts.

natalie a said...

ok so I can't beat you with number of brusies, but I have a big mambo jambo on my arm from Archery this week that is, literally, every color of the rainbow!!!

Devin said...

SCANDALOUS!